What is the purpose of church membership?
Membership in the local church formally identifies persons to a particular local body of believers. Though we are already members of the universal body of Christ, it is important for us to identify ourselves with a particular local body of believers. There are to be no "lone rangers" in the body of Christ.
Membership also provides an avenue of accountability for us. We must know and understand that we are not living for ourselves but for others. When we stand before God, we will have to give an account of how we used our time, talents, and resources. Church membership provides us with an avenue of accountability for these things.
What are the benefits of church membership?
- Church membership will enable you to accomplish something greater than what you could do laboring alone.
- Church membership helps you discover your peculiar gifting and provides an avenue for you to use these to enhance God's Kingdom.
- Church membership places you under the protection and authority of a pastor.
- Church membership places you into a family that will care for your needs.
What is an active member of POPMBC?
- You should complete the membership classes. These classes will cover in detail what we believe and teach.
- Church attendee on a consistent basis with no more than (3) three months of inactivity.
- You should be supportive to the Mission, Vision, and financial efforts of the church.
What is expected of a member of POPMBC?
- Regular attendance of church services
- Support to POPMBC and its leadership
- Faithful prayer & financial support
- Support of outreach & missions efforts
- Participation in a Ministry/Auxiliary
What can a member expect from POPMBC?
- To be fed the Word of God in a simplistic and practical manner that can be applied to your everyday life.
- A peaceful & pleasant environment that is conducive for spiritual growth
- Biblical and Christian Discipleship
- Social fellowships
- Specialized ministries for the entire family (infants & toddlers, children, youth, singles, married adults, and more)